Property ID: 10365312 -
Property ID: 10365312 -
Property ID: 10365312
Type: Hunting Land, Ranches, Recreational Property
Address: 377 North 260th Road, Lot#WP001
Directions: Call agent for directions.
Description: The Fitzwater Ranch private waterfowl lake is truly a rare treasure of the Smoky Hills of North Central Kansas. Located less than 30 miles West of Salina, Kansas, this 35-acre private lake situated on 320 +/- acres offers recreational opportunities for every season of the year but truly shines brightest during the heart of waterfowl season. Throughout the winter months, thousands of ducks and geese take refuge on the lake within its flooded thickets and timber on the South end, as well as within Owl Creek that runs for a full mile through the farm North to South. With multiple satellite ponds nearby on neighboring farms and several surrounding crop fields, the large body of water on this ranch is the waterfowl epicenter of this area with enough food and additional water nearby to maintain very good waterfowl populations on a regular basis. With over 35 acres of water surface, the lake is stocked with fish and is large enough to accommodate a boat. There is excellent access to the lake by way of 4 separate locked gate entrances located at the North, West, and South ends of the property and there is a blacktop road within 1 mile of the property providing good all weather access throughout the year.
The ranch offers other top notch hunting opportunities as well with excellent native grass and cedar-lined hillsides providing excellent habitat for holding multiple coveys of quail, as well as incredible trophy whitetail deer and turkey hunting habitat along Owl Creek. The timbered bottoms of the creek are hammered with deer sign with dozens of trails beat into the ground and mature buck scrapes and rubs scattered all over the place. Mature cottonwoods and elms along the creek provide an endless number of treestand setups for the archery deer hunting enthusiast, as well as great roosting trees for turkeys.
Along the West end of the ranch is an older farmstead with a home and few small outbuildings. Electricity and water well are located at the farmstead. The view of the lake from the hilltops is absolutely stunning and if the new owner chose to build a new home or cabin that encompassed this view it would be simply incredible!
The quality and beauty of this acreage featuring Owl Creek and your very own 35-acre private lake is unlike anything else around. Contact the listing agents today to schedule your very own private tour. You won’t want to leave!
- Located 21 miles West of Salina on the North side of Interstate 70, by Westfall, KS. Only 1.5 miles North of Interstate 70
- 320 +/- acres of incredibly scenic grassland with new fencing
- 1 full mile of timber lined Owl Creek runs South to North through the property
- 35 +/- acre private lake
- Stocked full of fish and a waterfowl magnet
- Thousands of ducks and geese frequent this lake and spring fed creek bottom throughout the year. This is a waterfowl mecca.
- Scattered timber and brush within the water create incredible sanctuaries for ducks on the South end of the lake
- Excellent whitetail deer hunting on this farm with large buck sign all over throughout the creek bottom
- Great access located only 1 mile from blacktop road near Westfall, KS
- Decades of management for waterfowl hunting and very limited access for fishing and hunting purposes
- All of the Sellers water and mineral rights will pass to the Buyer of the property upon date of closing
- 30 minutes from Salina Regional Airport
- 28 miles from Salina, Kansas. Check out www.salina-ks.gov. Population 47,707. Endless options for dining, retail, hotel/lodging, etc
Contact Name: Adam Hann
Phone Number: (785) 259-2469
Fax: (217) 285-9099
Address1: 306 East 13th Street
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained
from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation,
expressed or implied, made by
Lands of America
who specializes in land for sale, or any related entity, as to the accuracy
or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions,
change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers
should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.