Property ID: 6873689 -
Property ID: 6873689
Type: Recreational Property, Hunting Land
Address: 199th St., Lot#WP001
Status: Contract Pending
Directions: Call agent for directions.
Description: The Turkey Creek Ranch is unlike any ranch you will find in all of Kansas. Bordering the North shore of the highly coveted Wilson Lake area in North Central Kansas, this ranch consists of 850 acres of native grassland, cedar-lined hillsides and canyons, multiple ponds, a small creek bottom, and a stunning timber framed cabin situated within one of the most peaceful settings you could ever imagine. With over 2,000 square feet of living space, the cabin has been the focus of much detail by the owners and is highlighted on the exterior by an incredible wraparound deck with views of the small creek bottom that eventually flows into Wilson Lake. The owners titled the ranch “Turkey Creek” because of the high population of Rio Grande turkeys that can be seen from the back deck of the cabin, and it is hard to imagine a more relaxing place to watch the world come to life over a warm cup of coffee as the sun rises over the hillside. The interior of the cabin has a modern rustic feel with a touch of luxury within the details. The overwhelming comfort and quality craftsmanship hits you as soon as you walk through the front door. The large stone fireplace is the center of attention in the main living area and is complemented flawlessly by beautiful hardwood floors. The open floor plan leads right into the spectacular chef’s kitchen which is decked out with beautiful granite countertops, stunning custom cabinetry, stainless steel appliances, and a large granite island that is perfect for entertaining guests. The master bath has its own distinct qualities as well with an oversized open shower design with beautiful stone tile accents. The stairway next to the main living area leads to a loft above which features three additional wagon wheel framed beds as well as another cozy sitting area. The full basement offers extra room for entertaining family and guests with plenty of space for a game room, laundry room, and double bunks providing extra bedding.
The cabin is a one of a kind experience in its own respect, but barely scratches the surface of the amazing qualities and opportunities provided by the land it sits on. As you enter the property through the private locked entry gate the stunning view of Wilson Lake becomes more and more vivid as you travel along the private drive down the hillside. It almost seems unrealistic to own a property with such an incredible view of the lake below. The cedar-lined hillsides and ponds throughout the valleys below provide incredible scenery during all seasons of the year, but also provide plentiful cover for several whitetail deer to call this property home. This area is well-known for trophy whitetail deer genetics and this property has all the qualities needed to hold some of the largest whitetail deer in the State. A few openings within the timber throughout the valley are perfectly suited for planting wildlife food plots to attract even more deer and turkeys to the property. There are excellent stand setup possibilities throughout the ranch for archery and firearms deer seasons making this an easy property to hunt with low-pressure tactics. There are multiple ponds throughout the ranch providing reliable water sources for wildlife and livestock and would be perfect family fishing holes once stocked with fish. Upland birds are common in the tall grasslands and waterfowl frequent the ponds throughout the year as well. The rolling to rugged layout of this ranch provides the perfect terrain for family hiking trips and many fascinating characteristics to explore along the way.
The land and improvements within the boundaries of the Turkey Creek Ranch are truly what dreams are made of and the endless recreational opportunities available at Wilson Lake make the location of the ranch second to none. Wilson Lake covers over 9,000 acres of surface area with over 100 miles of shoreline providing some of the best walleye, bass, and catfishing opportunities in the entire State of Kansas. It is a truly rare opportunity to purchase such a large ranch bordering Wilson Lake, and the quality and beauty of the acreage is unlike anything else around. Contact the listing agents today to schedule your very own private tour!
- Located along the North shore of Wilson Lake and only 5 ½ miles SW of Lucas, KS. This property is behind a gated entrance and is to be shown BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- Incredibly scenic cedar-lined hillsides and canyons overlooking Wilson Lake
- 5 ponds on the property with the largest covering over 4 acres
- Stunning view of Wilson Lake from the hilltops
- Incredible hunting opportunities on this ranch with very strong populations of whitetail deer, Rio Grande turkeys, quail, and waterfowl. Excellent private fishing opportunities once the ponds are stocked as well.
- Beautiful timber framed cabin with nearly 2,000 sq ft of living space built in 2012. Spectacular wraparound deck with stunning view of the backyard scenery. This farmstead offers incredible seclusion and scenery – unlike any other property in the Wilson Lake area!
- Master bedroom and bath on the main floor
- Master bath features a breathtaking oversized walk in tile shower, gorgeous cabinetry, and is simply amazing down to the finest details
- Impressive chef’s kitchen features stunning granite countertops, beautiful cabinetry, stylish red brick backsplash, stainless steel appliances, and spacious island bar which serves as an incredible space for entertaining family and friends!
- Main floor living room area is the perfect spot to relax at the end of the day in front of the cozy stone fireplace. Gorgeous hardwood floors throughout perfectly compliment the endless list of detail put into this one of a kind lake cabin.
- 900 square foot finished basement features a game room, utility room, and double bunk beds
- Upstairs loft is decked out with 3 additional wagon wheel framed beds and a cozy sitting area
- Central Air and Propane Furnace
- Many of the furnishings within the cabin are negotiable with the purchase of the property
- Back porch and wraparound deck perfectly complete this dream cabin. There is no better place to watch the world come to life over a warm cup of coffee
- Large mature elm, cottonwood, and cedar trees provide abundant shade and beauty around the farmstead
- 336 sq ft Detached Garage
- 1,574 sq ft Tool Shed
- Whitetail deer and turkeys frequent the wildlife feeder in the backyard
- This area has an excellent history of trophy whitetail deer hunting and there is good deer sign throughout this property
- All of the sellers mineral rights will pass to the Buyer of the property
- 3 hours from Kansas City; 6 hours from Denver, CO; 1 Hour from the Hays Regional Airport
Contact Name: Adam Hann
Phone Number: (785) 259-2469
Fax: (217) 285-9099
Address1: 306 East 13th Street
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained
from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation,
expressed or implied, made by
Lands of America
who specializes in land for sale, or any related entity, as to the accuracy
or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions,
change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers
should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.